cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Plusnet Hub One into a modem

helpemenow

Convert Plusnet Hub One into a modem

I just rang Plusnet support and they are not trained in this issue so maybe someone on here can help.

I just bought a R6250 Netgear router(no built in modem) and ive misplaced my old modem. I assume i can convert my plusnet hub one which has a inbuilt modem into a standalone modem?

Is this just a case of switching off the wi-fi(2.4ghz+5ghz), or should the new netgear router contain the login credentials or should they be contained on the modem.

What is the best way to do this, if someone has done this before and know specifically the best way your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Convert Plusnet Hub One into a modem

No the Hub One is the same as the BT Home Hub 5 Type A so cannot work as a modem only.

You could use your R6250 as a wireless access point though, but the Hub One must create the login to Plusnet.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Just plug your Netgear into a Lan port of the Hub1, it will probably tell you it can't have the same ip range as the Hub1, but will auto configure itself. Switch off the wifi in the Hub1 to save accidentally conning to it and that's about it, but do use another port on the Hub1 if you have PN tv.

helpemenow

YEah this is basically what i did before reading your post. I asked plusnet support this directly too but it went over their heads. Yeh it seems to work like this but strangely enough my new Netgear router which i bought specifically for extra wifi range as worse wifi range than the plus net hub one. 

Even though the netgear costs £100 and has beamforming. 

So currently im considering whether its worth even keeping.