cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant wi-fi disconnections (Trying to get the bottom of the issue)

blu3andp1p
Hooked

Constant wi-fi disconnections (Trying to get the bottom of the issue)

Hey,

I've been a plusnet customer for a few days now and I am having issues with the wifi connection (it looks like there is a few threads on wifi disconnections which is a bit disconcerning) otherwise I am very happy with the speed with my wired connection and when the devices on wifi are working correctly.

The disconnections seem to have a common cause, either a certain number of devices are connected to wifi, or they have connected in a specific order. I'm not sure if this is todo with the devices being given a different IP address each time 🤔 I also noticed my switch had a B type NAT today and I have not had this issue before.

Maybe I am just looking into it to much but I would appreciate some help Smiley

[Edit] I'll be giving this a go once everyones off the internet.

10 REPLIES 10
unclefegg

Re: Constant wi-fi disconnections (Trying to get the bottom of the issue)

There is a general issue with the router. Take a look over on the 5Ghz thread.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @blu3andp1p and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having connection issues as of recent. Checking your connection from this side first of all for any underlying issues we've actually detected a fault on your line. This very well could explain some of the connection issues and performance issues you've been having as of recent. I have raised the fault up with our suppliers who have given us the standard 2 working day turn around time and estimated response time of 30/01/20 by 23:59. Keeping in mind this is the very latest a engineer would be out to investigate the issue and it could be resolved sooner.
I've raised a fault ticket on your account and placed it on hold until the morning of 31/01/20 so our faults team can check to see if your issue has been resolved however if you are still seeing issues by Friday morning and haven't heard from our faults team feel free to drop us a message on here and we'll happily chase this up for you.

The fault ticket I've raised can be seen here.

There certainly could be wireless interference at play and I'd still certainly recommend splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies when you get chance. I wouldn't look to adjust or tweak any other wireless settings just yet however as if the line fault flairs up it could give you a red herring making it hard to look to improvement.

blu3andp1p
Hooked

Cheers @BD and @unclefegg for responding to my post. Thanks for also raising the issue with openreach @BD 

I have seperated the two wireless bands so now they both have different SSID's. I have also setup each of my devices to only use the 2.4ghz channel and as expected everything works okay.

I will keep an eye out on the forums to see if their are any firmware updates to the router in the coming month or so.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're welcome @blu3andp1p,

Let us know if anything changes please. - Faris

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
blu3andp1p
Hooked

Maybe it was a bad idea to get openreach to ”fix” the issue. They’ve completely wiped out our internet today (been on the phone to support) and they’re sending out another openreach engineer in the next 24 hours.

Fortunately we’re still well within the 14 day cancellation period. In the past few days I’ve had more issues than I previously had with virgin media (since NTL) I know this issue was caused by openreach but when you work from home and you rely on the internet it’s hard not to be frustrated.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@blu3andp1p  Are you sure about the 14 day cooling off period?  It starts on the day after you placed the order and is not meant to be a trial run of the actual service. So when did you place the order?🤔

blu3andp1p
Hooked

@RealAleMadrid sorry I tried to delete that post as I my partner kindly pointed that out shortly after I posted.

Never mind, in the moment of feeling heated I vented my frustrations. Maybe I needed an afternoon without the internet lol. Please ignore that outburst 🙈
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @blu3andp1p,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've checked over our suppliers notes & can see that the issue is now resolved for you. I've provided a more detailed response over the faults support ticket for you here, give us a nudge if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

blu3andp1p
Hooked

Hi @Mads thanks for your help, much appreciated.

The OpenReach engineer even left me a voicemail to notify the issue has been fixed which was great.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Great! Glad to hear it's all resolved for you.

Give us a shout here if you need further assistance,

Thanks .