cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections

golly99

Constant disconnections

Hi

Wonder if you could help - first day to work from home, company uses Skype constant disconnections so had to resort to using mobile both wifi and wired connections seem to keep restarting generally.

Did i see there was a suggestion the Plusnet one firmware might be causing this? Notice it's on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 19/02/19.

many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Constant disconnections

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Not sure on this. The issue you refer to was largely linked to the 5Ghz wifi radio, and in a lot of cases the router would need rebooting to restore connection.

I'd ask first to check if the connection itself is going down-does the light change colour. If it does that's more suggestive of a fault condition and you'll want to start the usual diagnostics-test socket etc. If the line is stable however, considering how things are likely delayed anyway you could try switching the 5Ghz off. Mine was doing this for a while, and stopped when I switched off.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @golly99,

I'm sorry for the delayed response, on testing your service this afternoon everything appears spot on in terms of the speed and stability. No drops have been observed for a few days,  in this instance are you noticing the issues over WiFi? If so please split the frequencies on your router if you haven't already done so, afterwards please look to change the channels you are broadcasting here.

Let us know how you get on.