Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting mobile phone to wifi

RayG1
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Connecting mobile phone to wifi

I have anew mobile phone, a Motorola G5, which will not connect to my wifi. Everything else works on the phone: internet access etc but it will not connect to my home wifi. I get 'authenticating' then, after a couple of minutes 'authentical problems' message appears. I have just checked and connected to a friend's wifi and that went in after just a few seconds.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in anticipation

Ray

4 REPLIES 4
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

Re: Connecting mobile phone to wifi

Sounds like you've entered the WiFi password incorrectly. Try  the '''forget network" option and then reconnecting

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Topic moved from Mobile to My Router as it sounds like a more appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RayG1
Dabbler

Nope. Password correct and checked a dozen times

RayG1
Dabbler

Stupid Boy! Me, that is. The realisation came to me last night just as was falling asleep. I have been entering my Plusnet Login password - not the router password. I'm told it's an age thing and I'm beginning to believe it. maybe the response 'not entering the correct wifi password' triggered something in my subconscious. Anyway, all sorted now. Thanks.