cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Linksys AC2200 Mesh router to my Plusnet router

FIXED
dajmoor

Connecting Linksys AC2200 Mesh router to my Plusnet router

I am trying to connect a Linksys AC2200 Mesh router to my Plusnet router to give me better wifi coverage in my house. It is all plugged in, powered on and I can connect to it from the Linksys app on my phone to run the setup. However, when the app asks me for my ISP username and password it fails to connect to the internet. I have checked that I am using the correct username and password with Plusnet Support. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to make any setting changes on my Plusnet router?

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Connecting Linksys AC2200 Mesh router to my Plusnet router

Fix

@dajmoor Welcometo the forum.

This will not work. You have two options here:

1. You need to configure you mesh unit as an Access Point and connect it to the Plusnet Hub. All the configuration details such as your Plusnet credentials are stored in the Plusnet hub.

2. Scrap the Plusnet hub and buy a modem. In this case the Plusnet credentials are inputted to the Mesh units.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dajmoor

Hi Baldrick1, thanks for your reply. I have set the Linksys into Bridge Mode and connected it to an ethernet port on my Plusnet hub, is that what you meant by option 1? It doesn't allow me to use the device prioritisation feature of the Linksys, but otherwise it is working.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@dajmoor

Yes, it won’t allow you to use the extra features available in this mode. The alternative if you want to use all the features is to use a separate modem in place of the Plusnet hub.

If you are on fibre then a cheap option is to get a Huawei Model 3B HG612 from an auction site. These work on fibre as standard and can be unlocked to gain access to your line stats and configure it to work on ADSL. You will find all the information you need for this on the Kitz site.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dajmoor

Thanks Baldrick1, the other features aren't important at the moment, so I will leave it running as is. Thanks again for your advice.

103MW

Hi Baldrick1

I have the same issue. I have followed your earlier advice but am unable to get internet connection from Openreach modem to Linksys AC2200 router.  The modem works ok, I connected it successfully to feed PlusNet hub.  Linksys weren’t able to help and referred me to PlusNet but phone enquiry today was unproductive.  Thoughts?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@103MW have you correctly configured the AC2200 with your PlusNet username and password ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

103MW

Yes, thank you.  Are there any other settings that I might need to input?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@103MW  Check that you have no VLAN id configured in the Linksys, it has to be disabled. It should also be configured for Ethernet WAN mode not DSL.

The modem deals with the VLAN stuff. Is the modem connecting to the broadband OK, power and DSL lights on, not flashing. LAN1 connected to the WAN port on the router, LAN1 led lit, maybe flashing if any data is being transferred.

103MW

Silly me!  It turns out that I was using the hub manager password, not the sign-in password!