Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connected but no internet

Finlee
Hooked

Connected but no internet

Hi all,

With our plusnet service everytime you reconnect to the network e.g. My phone connects when I return home from work, it connects to the router but then it says the Internet is unavailable. I then have to select another network (trying to connect to a neighbours signal) and then i have to reselect the plusnet and it connects straightaway to the Internet. It was doing it infrequently when I first joined but now its every single time and its beyond annoying. For some devices it won't even connect, my chromecast has never been switched off, but it's never really been used, and I went to use it the other day I tried to connect to the network and it says I'm connected but there's no Internet. Its just so infuriating.

I've tried searching all weekend for answers but it's difficult to find a result for the above.

Thanks in advance.

Finlee.
9 REPLIES 9
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Connected but no internet

Hi @Finlee

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing connection issues with our service.

I've reviewed the notes on your account and can see that you've discussed this with one of my colleagues here

Could I ask whether the same issue occurs if you're using our router rather than a 3rd party router?

Best wishes,

Dave

Finlee
Hooked

Dave, i'm not using a third party router, i'm using the hub plusone (if that's what its called).

I did try and set up my own router to see if I could get the problem to desist without success so i reverted back to the plusnet device.

Can you help?

Thanks

Finlee

deank
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 14

Hi @Finlee,

Have you tried forgetting the network on your phone and rebooting the device? It sounds like there is an issue with the configuration on your device. Please try this for me and let me know how it goes.

Finlee
Hooked

Hi yes I have. This happens on all other tablets/phones connecting to the router.

For example I had to do it with my sons fire tablet last night.

Thanks
Finlee
Finlee
Hooked

Anyone?Huh
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Bit of an odd one this, @Finlee

I've arranged for your router to be replaced and for a returns bag to be sent so that you can pop the current one back in the post for us (postage paid).

Could you let us know how you get on when the new router arrives?

Best wishes,

Dave

Finlee
Hooked

Thanks Dave.

Finlee
Finlee
Hooked

The new router seems to have done the trick ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Glad to hear that Finlee!

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as Iโ€™ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet