cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect dongle to router

Quaker

Connect dongle to router

I have bought a Miracast dongle do I can mirror my android phone screen on my TV. The dongle instructions say I need to connect the dongle to the router (2704n) by going into the router settings. I've been in (192.168.1.254) and can't see how to do it. Can anyone advise please?
2 REPLIES 2
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Connect dongle to router

I don't have one of these so it's a slightly rough answer but I would expect that by some means you configure the Miracast dongle to join the router network (often the device sets up its own WiFi network initially) and then the phone (on the Plusnet router WiFi network) can see the Miracast.

Other than knowing the router WiFi password and the router accepting a connection from the Miracast I don't think the setup needs the Plusnet router to participate. 

I am the satisfied customer....
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Connect dongle to router

@Quaker  Welcome to the forum.

I assune that these work like a Chromcast. The Miracast is plugged into the TV not your router.If the Miracast has both a HDMI and a USB cable the HDMI is used for video and the USB for power. If you do not have a USB socket on the TV then plug it into a mains USB  charger. You then connect the Miracast to the router over the wireless link when you set up the App.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'