Connect Hub One with Eero - Steps That Worked for Me
22-09-2021 12:51 PM - edited 22-09-2021 1:00 PM
These are the steps I used to turn the networks off the Hub One after getting stuck at the 'registering' stage on Eero set up. This enabled the Hub One to become the modem and the Eero to become the router to create a mesh network offering much greater and simpler coverage:
- Access Plusnet Hub One - type '192.168.1.254' into browser
- Password is on bottom of router to access the Hub One settings
- Go to advanced settings
- Select network (there were two on mine 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz)
- Click the ‘No’ radio button for 5Ghz wireless network. Then click apply to disable the network.
- Do the same for 2.4Ghz
- On the front of the Hub One the bar should be lit blue to inidicate a valid connection to the internet and the orange wifi symbol to show there are no networks being broadcast. The Hub One is now acting as modem only.
- Plug your Eero into LAN 1 ethernet port (not WAN as suggested). Eero is acting as the router (or the gateway in the Eero mesh network)
- Power off Eero for 30 seconds
- Plug power back in
- Eero flashes white then,
- Eero should briefly flash red, then it should flash blue to indicate it is ready to be assigned to your network by bluetooth.
- Download Eero app.
- Eero app should now give you the option to add location (or custom name) of this Eero. Light becomes solid white.
- Follow app from here to add further Eeros to your mesh network.
I am not technical so cannot offer further advice. This worked for me with help from Plusnet support. We now have four Eero's covering a four storey house.
We used the Eero 5 as they support up to 100Mbs download - we can only get 37Mbs, so no need for later Eero 6. Supports Smart TV, xBox, phones and various other devices without issue. Offers guest network option with the app. Works great. Good luck!
Re: Connect Hub One with Eero - Steps That Worked for Me
Just a note that the hub one doesn’t have a modem only mode.
All you did was disable the wireless.
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'