Did you mean: 

Confirming my setup/configuration of own kit

FIXED
steveocee
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Confirming my setup/configuration of own kit

Good morning,

I've just recently ordered a PN FTTC as my primary line and just want to confirm my setup will be correct as I won't be using the ISP provided hub.

I have a Huawei HG612 modem which will be left at reset factory defaults handing off to a MikroTIk RB3011 which I was planning on running a "simple" PPPoE client on.

I can't find anything definitive to say whether this will/won't work but have set up a BT FTTC service for my mother in this way which works well but wanted to ensure there were no PN specific settings I'd need.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Steve

www.steveocee.co.uk
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Confirming my setup/configuration of own kit

Your proposed setup should work fine.

You'll just need to configure the PPPoE cleint with your Plusnet username/password. See here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note.

Moved from "Fibre" to "my router"
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Hi there. If you would like to set up your own router to work with us this guide should help out: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Let us know if you have any further queries or issues.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet