cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClearOS

warbleedar
Rising Star

ClearOS

Not sure if right topic but as it's basically a router I'd assume so....
I'm just put a order in to rejoin plusnet (shouldn't have left in first place)
Anyhow I currently have a Asus dsl-n16 low end router....bridged to a clearOS rack server
Router connects to is firewall etc all turned off

Dose hub1 have bridge mode or anyone else use clearos with direct pppoe?

Thank you in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: ClearOS

I use PfSense over PPPoE rather than ClearOS but the setup should be fairly similar.

The hub one does not have a bridge mode unfortunately however if you have an Openreach vsdl(fttc) modem from an older install(you can purchase these from ebay too for around £10-£15) then you can connect that to your phone line then the modem to your Router.

Looking at your router I believe it is this:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Networking/DSL-N16/

If so then you could use that router as a vdsl modem(it has one built in) and bridge from that to your ClearOs router as you currently do

warbleedar
Rising Star

Problem I have with Asus is origin put their own firmware on and blocked out any upgrade etc
I do have 2 of the bt white modems one I have hacked (web GUI) one still standard
If pfsence will pppoe direct dial plusnet I'll have a look.....just a ball ACH messing with stuff at times Sad
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

That's unfortunate about the locked down software, that'd be a great way to get things working.

If you have one of the Openreach modems then they will work great anyway and are my preference, might as well use the modified one too to get accurate line stats(if you feel fancy you can look at polling that information onto a monitoring dashboard for your home network)

with PfSense I only need to specify my plusnet dsl username "$myusername@plusdsl.net" usually and password and the defaults work fine to connect straight away.