cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the addmin password for Plusnet Hub One

FIXED
QBChaz

Changing the addmin password for Plusnet Hub One

I can't find the option for changing the admin password on my Plusnet Hub One. Where is it?

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Changing the addmin password for Plusnet Hub One

Fix

@QBChaz

Welcome to the forums.

Taken from https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ look at the section "settings" on the router

You can watch our video to see how to do that. Or follow these steps.

You'll need to use a computer or device that's connected to your Hub One (via Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable).

1. Open up a web browser window (like Firefox, Chrome or Safari).
  2. Ignore any error message you see and enter your Hub's IP address as the website address - 192.168.1.254
  3. You'll now see the Hub Manager page, which shows your current connection status and a list of the devices currently connected to your Hub.

The Hub Manager is split into four sections. You can access each by clicking the links at the top of the Hub Manager page.

For help using any of the settings found in your Hub, click Help at the top of the Hub Manager page.

For a full list of available settings, click A-Z at the top the page.

Section What is it for?
Home This is the page you'll see when you first log in. It shows your current connection status and an overview of the devices currently connected to your network.
Settings In this section you can check wireless information, set up access control and change your Hub Manager password.
Advanced Settings Here, you can change your wireless settings, manage your home network, configure the built in firewall and restart or reset your Hub.
Troubleshooting If your Hub isn't connected to the Internet, you'll find step-by-step help to get you back online.

You'll also find useful information about your Hub in the Helpdesk section (this'll help if you need to get in touch with us) and a copy of your Hub's event log.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
QBChaz

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I have been able to log in to the Hub Manager screens as you describe and have been able to change both my network SSID and the Wifi password. However, I want to change the Admin password that allows me to log in to the Advanced Settings for the Hub Manager. Do you know how to do that?

Regards,

Chaz

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@QBChaz

I don''t have a Hub One so can only go by what the help page said which was to go to the "settings" tab on the router and change the manager (admin) password on that page

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

The image below should help.

test.png

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team