cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing SSID/PW before broadband activation

FIXED
creechitup3

Changing SSID/PW before broadband activation

Hi All - i'm waiting on my new plusnet phone/bb to be activated today.  It's for my mum who wouldn't have a chance in setting things up.

I can't hang around all night for activation, and wonder if it's possible to configure the router before activation?  I'd like to setup an SSID and pw that matches her old setup, so that when we get activation, she can just power up the router and be running without any further input.

Firing up the router without plugging in the DSL line doesn't lead me very far, seems like an active line is mandatory for setup?  Would like to hear otherwise....

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Changing SSID/PW before broadband activation

Fix

@creechitup3 Welcome to the forum.

You can set up the SSID before the connection is live. Connect to the hub using either wireless or an Ethernet cable to the hub. Log in to it by entering 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your browser, this should log you in to the hub. You don't say which model hub you have but basically all that you need to do is select the Advanced/Wireless page. You will need to enter the hub password that you will find on a label on the hub. This should get you into the correct hub page. Here change the SSID and select save.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

creechitup3

But i don't get an option for advanced/wireless.  All i get is this:

Untitled.png

creechitup3

Oh nevermind, i'm in!  Thanks for help, will mark as fixed.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I suspect that tthe hub has opened a second window in your browser. If so, if you close this tab or swap to the other then hopefully you will land on the page that you need.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'