cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change default domain name on Hub One

EmmaAtkinson
Dabbler

Change default domain name on Hub One

I received a Hub One recently and I am looking for a way to change the domain name from "lan" to a fully qualified domain name that I own.  My Postfix set up requires a proper domain name. Are there telnet commands or might I have missed a web page? 

3 REPLIES 3
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: Change default domain name on Hub One

@EmmaAtkinson

What are you actually trying to do ?

You have a domain. Are you hosting a server on that domain on your Plusnet Internet connection (which is possible but not necessarily advisable) or do you want to see something on your LAN when you enter your domain name ?

I am the satisfied customer....
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hello again @EmmaAtkinson

Having had a quick look at some previous posts of yours I've answered my own question and it seems you do have a number of servers for various purposes.

I would be tempted to get a business class router rather than the ISP "free" router if I were running public facing servers,

I am the satisfied customer....
EmmaAtkinson
Dabbler

Hi @markhawkin

I agree an SME business class would be a better solution.  Selecting and buying the right model for the right price is a bit of work. Developing and testing a new solution will take time and effort I would prefer not to spend.

If it is possible to change the .lan domain name to a FQDN, I should be able to get our email server back up and running quickly with minimum change.