cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a network icon in Plusnet One Hub Manager

Bigessay

Change a network icon in Plusnet One Hub Manager

I have recently switched from BT (Smart Hub) to PlusNet. In the PlusNet Hub Manager the app seems to decide what kind of device is attached and assign a corresponding icon. But there is no facility to change the icon, for instance from an unrecognised device '?' to a smartphone. This could be done in the BT Hub Manager from a dropdown of available icons (the same icons that are used in PlusNet Hub Manager - what a surprise).

I have firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.259 and am using Windows 10 Edge browser.

Is a new firmware going to include this facility?

Or is it a browser issue?

I would appreciate any help (like use a different bowser or pop-up setting, or unseen command), or to know when PlusNet are likely to update the firmware to include this.

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Change a network icon in Plusnet One Hub Manager

If you still have your Smarthub 6 then use that rather than the Plusnet offering. Many of us use them. To connect to your Plusnet account:

1. Remove the DSL cable.

2. Plug it in and wait for it to fully boot. This can take a few minutes.

3. Log into  the router by entering 192.168.1.254 into the address field of your internet browser.

4. Select advanced settings.

5. Enter your user name as the username you use to log into your account followed by @plusdsl.net 

6. Enter the password that you use for logging in to your Plusnet account.

7. Plug the DSL cable back in.

It should then connect.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Change a network icon in Plusnet One Hub Manager

Hi @Bigessay, welcome to the forums. 

It isn't currently a feature of the Hub One and we aren't aware of this being in a firmware update any time soon i'm afraid. 

As @Baldrick1 has advised, if you do require this feature you can configure and continue to use your Smarthub using the steps provided. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team