cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant set up BT hub 6 ....help

Jowser

Cant set up BT hub 6 ....help

Hi. Can someone help? I've followed the instructions how to set up a bthtub 6 and when I get to the part where I channge the broadband username and password to mine (I have only connect option and not save) I insert the broadband cable and it goes from flashing pink to orange and wont connect.it will go back to pink but then to orange again. Any idea how I can get around this. I've dont resets, started from the beginning and just keep getting to the same place. Am I doing something wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Cant set up BT hub 6 ....help

@Jowser Welcome to the forum

I assume that you have followed the instructions here to the letter https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85...

Some firmware versions do not like special characters in your Plusnet password. Do you have any in your Plusnet password? If so go into your Plusnet account and change it to only alpha numeric ones. Ignore the Plusnet advice to use these special characters.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jowser

Arrrrr...yes I have an & in my password. I will change my password and hope for the best. Many thanks. The instructions you posted are the ones I've been following, hopefully just the password issue 👍
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Jowser

I changed my password to letters only and it's still not working. When I insert the broadband line it switches from flashing purple to flashing orange and ccassionally purple for a few seconds them back to orange and just wont connect. My plusnet modem works fine so I'm guessing it's not my line with the issue.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Jowser 

Is it remembering your Plusnet username and password or is it reverting to the BT one?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'