Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access router

FIXED
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Cannot access router

I'm a little confused - I seem to be unable to access my router from my laptop (or desktop). When I enter the 192.168.1.254 address, and hit enter, this is what I get:

Router LI fail.PNG

It was working perfectly earlier this week, so what has happened?

For information, it is a TG582n, and I have no problem getting any other address up.

John
10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Cannot access router

Hi @jab1 

Have you tried a different browser?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@Baldrick1  Three different browsers, two different machines. And as I said earlier, it was working perfectly earlier this week.

John
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

As much as I don't want to suggest it, have you powercycled the router?

I know my PNH1 sometimes locks me out, though mine is related to an incorrect password, even though I was 100% sure it's correct Huh

cant access hub.PNG

But please think about this before doing so, I've witnessed another user whom couldn't access theirs too and a reboot later, their router gave up! Sad (in their case I gave them one of my spare HH's, whilst BT sent them a replacement)

I'd hate to hear you switched it off and on based on my advice and it didn't connect back to the www.

edit to correct typo

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Why not use it as an excuse to get that Business Smarthub you were promising yourself last year?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

@DS wrote:

As much as I don't want to suggest it, have you powercycled the router?

I know my PNH1 sometimes locks me out, though mine is related to an incorrect password, even though I was 100% sure it's correct Huh

cant access hub.PNG

But please think about this before doing so, I've witnessed another user whom couldn't access theirs too and a reboot later, their router gave up! Sad (in their case I gave them one of my spare HH's, whilst BT sent them a replacement)

I'd hate to hear you switched it off and on based on my advice and it didn't connect back to the www.

edit to correct typo

@DS - As PN support are supposed to be rechecking my services following my problems with SNR fluctuations, I'm reluctant to disturb things my end at the moment, but that power-cycle idea already went through my head.

@Baldrick1 That is on my shopping list, but it'll have to wait a couple of months - money disappears quick Jan/Feb around here.Wink

John
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@jab1 I too am floating endlessly down the same river (by the sounds of it you too are using a spoon as a paddle), hitting many rocks along the way Sad

Is it just over wifi or ethernet or have you tried both?

jab1
Legend

Tried both, @DS . Fortunately,I've had about 40 years experience with computer systems - not as an expert, but I do know my way round for trouble-shooting &c.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @jab1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and raised a response via the open fault ticket which can be viewed here.

Please let us know if you're having any further issues and we'll be happy to investigate further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

Thanks, @TheMightyAJ  - I'll have a look at that later today.

John
jab1
Legend

@TheMightyAJ wrote:

Hi @jab1,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and raised a response via the open fault ticket which can be viewed here.

Please let us know if you're having any further issues and we'll be happy to investigate further.

All sorted, @TheMightyAJ . My thanks for the info.

John