Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see connected wifi devices

jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Can't see connected wifi devices

My router (2704n) doesn't display what wifi devices are connected to it, just wired. It did briefly pop up with both lists after a reboot, but doesn't any more. Not a major issue, but it would be nice to see what is and isn't connected.

Any ideas on why its not displaying both? 

Thanks Smiley

11 REPLIES 11
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Can't see connected wifi devices

That is an interesting observation.  Whilst I do not gave an answer to your question, it does make me wonder if it's related to my observations that after a period of time (over 10 days or so) wifi devices become unable to talk to wired devices.  A router restart fixes that too.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jrilton
Rising Star

Just spoke to someone on live chat, they are going to request a firmware upgrade for me to see if that fixes it. Currently I'm on 7.275.2_F2704N_Plusnet so no idea how up to date that is.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

That is interesting news.  If you find a change in firmware version, would you please report back the details?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mikesom
Dabbler

I noticed that when i did a manual ip adddress my wi fi devices did not appear. Changed to DHCP and they appeared. This was a Hub one. Fixing ip is avalble in the Hub One elsewhere.

jrilton
Rising Star

I'll let you know when it updates. My friend was getting rid of  BT Hub 3, do you think that's better than the plusnet router?

jrilton
Rising Star

Still no update... how long should it take?
jrilton
Rising Star

Went on live chat tonight to ask how long for the update. I was told there is no update, couldn't explain why I was told otherwise.

They are aware of the issue but didn't know when it would be fixed.

Explained my wifi issues, i said it could be 2.4Ghz interference and it was suggested that i buy a better router.

Actually quite disappointed with this. Why should I have to buy a better router?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Just stumbled across this thread. I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned how unreliable the display of currently connected devices under the 'My Home Network' section of the Home page is, even for wired devices. This has been mentioned in a number of other threads on the Hardware (and other) boards before and appears to be related to the Host name of devices being identified as 'unknown'.

You need to log into the 2704n using http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html and then click on 'Device Info' in the LH column and then select >ARP also >DHCP which should give the full information.

Garyg

The link is not working when i tried it. Is there another one anotherone......lol

jnewell746

Yes I've had this problem too. The link works OK for me. But the advanced screen also doesn't show all of my wired  or wifi devices. In the 'Home' screen every time the 'refresh' button is pressed it comes up with a different answer, despite the fact that all devices both wired and wifi are working and have internet access. Also I find port forwarding doesn't work reliably. I can set it up and it works OK but then 5 minutes later it will cease to work. There is a published paper by PlusNet on how to do the port forwarding so whatever they say they do support it or they wouldn't write about it!! I think the problem is intrinsic to the router which I have heard that PlusNet have messed about with the firmware. I have paid to have a fixed IP address to overcome what I thought was DDNS issues, but it would seem that it just a bad PlusNet router product.

palenque

Just received a 'brand new' Plusnet (Sagemcom) 2704n and the firmware version is '7.275.6_F2704N_Plusnet' and it still has the same problem i.e. very unreliable/inconsistent listing under http://192.168.1.254/home.html > Home > My Home Network ... Device (in table). Wireless devices only randomly (or never) show device name rather than 'Unknown-IP' ... or appear at all!