Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect Hub 1 To Sony Television.

FIXED
Zack
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Can't connect Hub 1 To Sony Television.

Cheers. A definite option to look at then. Only problem now is I'll have to wait until I can get one delivered given Lockdown restrictions...groan!
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Fix

The KDL32EX503 dates back to 2010 !

If it was a smart TV, and you are wanting to use any apps like BBC iplayer, My5, Netflix, Amazon Prime, you can forget it.   Sony stopped supporting it about 4 years after original release.  (I have a 2011 KDL32EX723 and 2014 KDL42W705B)  ITV player and All 4 were never available for these TVs at launch.

I suggest you buy yourself an Amazon Fire stick Lite.   All current 3 variants of Firesticks from Lite to 4k model, all use same 1.7GHz quad core processor.  The £30 Lite has been as low as £20, and replaces the previous slower 2nd gen firestick with Alexa voice control which came out in 2016/17.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Zack
Dabbler

Well if that's the case I guess you've sort of solved the problem by telling me that the problem can't be solved!
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Smart TV manufacturers only provide smart app support for up to 5 years typically.  Early Sonys also have trouble playing some video files  in my experience from USB (or via DLNA on our W705B)

I understand Firestick now supports NOW TV, and NOW TV stick supports Amazon Prime if either are important to you.   Both support Netflix and YouTube.

You can install VLC player or KODI on Firesticks, and stream videos off pen or hard drive connected to the USB socket on Hub One. 

I don't recommend using the USB socket on the Hub One.  A friend tried this a few months ago and found their Hub One became totally unstable, and they had to frequently factory reset the hub every few days to restore fibre broadband connection.   They discovered this only happens if the pen drive they used was permanently connected to the Hub One.   If they only insert the pen drive on adhoc basis for media sharing, and remove it when finished, the hub one seems to remain stable.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Zack
Dabbler

Just in case anyone was interested,
Got the 3rd generation Amazon Firestick delivered today and everything works fine. Thanks for everyone's help and advice. I feel like I have not only solved the problem but I've learnt a few things along the way too. Props!