Can't change SSID or IP address in Advancing settings

FIXED
nutts4life
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Can't change SSID or IP address in Advancing settings

Not sure if others have had the same.

My router reset last night for no reason at all, see this thread raised today:

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Random-Factory-Reset-Plusnet-Hub-One/td-p/1387900

This is the first reset for about a year and i notice that the software version is:

Updated on 27/09/16

So the router must have updated in this time.

The problem i have now is when i change anything in advanced settings:

- When i change the wireless SSID and click apply. The router resets itself back to default settings.

- When i change the IP address (and DHCP ranges), the router restarts and devices can connect to the new default gateway. However the router no longer connects to broadband AND the Hub one manager User Interface is not available at either the new IP address nor the old one. I have to hard reset the router to get it working again.

Has anybody else had this problem on this software version?

6 REPLIES 6
pushbike
Hooked

Re: Can't change SSID or IP address in Advancing settings

Yes, you'll be pleased to know mine is doing exactly the same thing! 

Same software version, reset itself last night, when I try and change the SSID it just restarts and goes back to default again.

I did wonder if it's been related to the overnight broadband work that's been going on, is it perhaps picking up some default settings when it restarts?

I've left it while I went to work but I'll check it again later when I get back...

pushbike
Hooked

Word on the street is that this could be an issue with the Plusnet hub and the Google Chromecast audio dongle:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-router-one-hub-continuously-flashing-orange-gree...

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/3PiH_40qLBw

I'm going to try unplugging mine tonight and seeing if it stabilises things...

nutts4life
Hooked

OK, this would make sense. 

I have a chromecast audio. It was set to connect to the SSID that i trying to move to.

I am working from home today, i have to stay online for next hour. But will test it after that.

Maybe i've missed something, but isn't this a catch 22 situation.

Google have released new firmware (not sure if the latest fixes the problem).

However to receive the firmware i have to be on the internet.

But i can't connect the chromecast to my wifi becuase it causes restarts.

Not sure how i solve this one..... Smiley

Will get back when i have tested as well.

n4l

pushbike
Hooked

...yes, I thought the same thing. I might have to take my Chromecast to work and update it via the wifi there!

nutts4life
Hooked

Fix

Pushbike, thanks again for your help!

I switched my chromecast audio off and now i can change the SSIS and IP address to my hearts content.

I can confirm that this is the same chromecast / google home setup issue.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Google-home-setup-issues/td-p/1387399

On a side note, i was reading on a google forum, they solved the problem of the chromecast update, but setting their mobile to be a access point, then connected the chromecast to it and did the firmware update.

I guess it means i will have to switch off the wireless on the router in my house at the same time! What a hassle.

pushbike
Hooked

No problem, I'm glad we were able to spot the issue - we even educated PlusNet Tech Support along the way 😉

I've just joined my Chromecast Audio to the preview program (at work) and rebooted it, it's now running on 1.22.77272 firmware (was 1.21.74816). 

I'll try plugging it back in again tonight and see if it now gets on with the router!