cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone explain why my brand new hub one router has [removed]@plusdsl.net as broadband username?

nmyatt

Can anyone explain why my brand new hub one router has [removed]@plusdsl.net as broadband username?

I've just taken a look at the start screen of my just installed, brand new, shrink wrapped, hub one router (fibre connection). All is working well and the speed is as advertised.

However.

Against 'Broadband username:' is the setting  [Removed]@plusdsl.net

Can anyone explain why this would be the case?

When installing the router I was surprised there were no instructions to change router settings, just plug-and-play. I remember setting up my previous router and needing to configure a number of settings.

So, should I set my own username and password? If as Ive been told, plusnet automatically adjust your bill if your speed drops below what is guaranteed, will  [Removed] get my discount:-)

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

4 REPLIES 4
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Can anyone explain why my brand new hub one router has johnpovey@plusdsl.net as broadband userna

The router get the username and password from a management platform using router serial number I believe.  I would imagine the database has been wrongly populated.

Just enter your own username and password and it will connect.  However if you do a factory reset it will revert to [Removed]@plusdsl.net unless someone fixes the management platform.

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Can anyone explain why my brand new hub one router has johnpovey@plusdsl.net as broadband userna

@nmyatt  @flanzm s description is correct, the routers are preset with the username setup@plusdsl.net and get the correct one from the management platform. AFAIK routers are scanned as they are despatched and the serial no associated with the account. Sounds like some human error in the despatch process.

I'm sure one of the staff will be along shortly to ask for details of the router and correct the management platform database. Meanwhile, just disconnect , enter the correct username and password and then connect.

If as Ive been told, plusnet automatically adjust your bill if your speed drops below what is guaranteed

Im not sure where you got that from, but its not correct. If your speed drops below the guaranteed, the PN will raise a fault and attempt to rectify it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nmyatt

Thank you for your super fast response.
I will go ahead and correct the username.
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hello @nmyatt

I've just checked your line and it appears that your router is authenticated correctly. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds