cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Connect Plus net Router/modem with BT Router to boost up WIFI signals

Rashid

Can I Connect Plus net Router/modem with BT Router to boost up WIFI signals

Hi, 

Can anybody help me in combining/connecting plus net modem/router with BT openreach to boost up WIFI signals? 

I recently switched over from Talk Talk, when i install the talk talk for the first time I face weak WIFI signals problem in my bed room up stare, then talk talk put to gather another modem (Openreach BT) with their talk talk modem through Ethernet cable,(200 Mbps power line Ethernet adopter) then the problem resolved. 

I am facing the same problem with plus net now, can i combine/connect the BT Openreach modem along with plus net modem to boos up WIFI signals? 

if yes kindly let me know about procedure how to do it. 

Thanks,

Rashid 

3 REPLIES 3
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Can I Connect Plus net Router/modem with BT Router to boost up WIFI signals

Hi there

I believe this should work fine. (Assuming you're using the Plusnet Hub One)

You'd connect the Openreach Modem into your master phone socket as normal then plug the Ethernet cable from the LAN1 port into your powerline adapter.

In your bedroom, using the WAN port of the Hub One you can then plug the router into another powerline adapter.

The signal would effectively transmit from the Openreach Modem through your internal electricity wiring to the router.

I hope this helps but if you have any questions just ask.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Rashid

Hi, thanks for your reply. I tried what you suggest but I does not work. actually I just want to use BT router as supportive of plusnet main router to boost up WIFI signals. can anybody suggest how can I do it? I have BT router,Ethernet cable and Ethernet 200 Mbps Ethernet adopter.
Thanks,
Rashid
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

This shows how to add another router as an access point. I'm sure you should be able to follow this method to meet your needs.