Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV NVR

santi
Rising Star

CCTV NVR

Hello,

I recently switched over from Virgin Media to Plusnet. Required me changing my network settings on my CCTV NVR. The problem I have now is attempting to access the cctv live feed when I am not connected via wifi.

As the Hub One had to be placed near the master socket, my previous hard-wired NVR ethernet cable to downstairs is rendered fairly useless. I had to connect the NVR up again via powerline adapters. This works when I attempt to visit the NVR using the internal IP 192.168.1.50 (Set it up as an static IP) but when trying to portforward this device/IP it does not show up at all on any of the hub settings. Literally a ghost. The powerline (with wireless broadcast) shows up with its connected devices (wirelessly) but for some reason this device/internal IP is no where to be seen.

Any help on how to fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: CCTV NVR

Set it up as an static IP

That's probably why the router doesn't have it in it's list. Some routers will only show devices that they have allocated an IP via DHCP. The solution usually is to leave the device on DHCP and then configure the router to allocate a 'fixed' IP to that device. Not sure if the Hub One can be configured to do that ...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

santi
Rising Star

The problem is I had it set to DHCP to begin with, I wasn't able to find the internal IP for it (as it was a ghost) so I had to manually log into the NVR using a monitor etc and change it back to static so I can remember the IP. It was not showing up on both occasions.

EDIT: Fixed it, didn't realise you can port-forward with a manually set IP - Was under the impression it was just limited to the devices seen by the router. Just made my life a tad harder by it not showing up on the network though.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

"I wasn't able to find the internal IP"

Just bye the bye, I used NetcanTools Basic (free) to find 'live' IP's on my network when I got hacked a while back.That together with Zenmap which showed the ports/services associated with 'unknown' IP's were very useful. I was surprised just how inadequate/wrong the info you get about network devices from the router is.