Did you mean: 

Buzzing noise from Router

FIXED
mactell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Buzzing noise from Router

Hello, 

After my second router from PlusNet this one is now also making a buzzing noise when in use. Anyone else having issues. Rather annoying as it's in the bedroom! 

4 REPLIES 4
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Buzzing noise from Router

Fix

Hi there.

Sorry that you're hearing noise from your router.

Unfortunately after discussions we've had with our vendor this isn't considered a fault as it doesn't impact the performance of the router. If the noise is distracting I'd recommend turning off the 5GHz wireless frequency which seems to be causing this.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'.

4a) To split up the frequencies:

What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'No' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection.

4b) To disable the 5Ghz frequency:

On this page you'' need to turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'No' followed by turning 'Wireless network enable' to 'No' also. If worked after pressing 'Apply' a wifi red light should appear on the router and the 2.4Ghz standard wireless channel still showing available on your devices.

Alternatively you may need to buy a 3rd party router and set it up using the details from here.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mactell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the prompt response. I may look at the third party router then. 

Are you able to confirm if PlusNet will be bringing out a new router soon? The HubOne has been around for years now. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem and I'm afraid we've no news to share regarding when or if we'll be bringing out a new router.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'