Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Smart Hub with different label info

FIXED
jasu
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Business Smart Hub with different label info

Hi, I bought off Ebay a BT Business Smarthub 6, Item Code 088315 and am about to set it up with Baldrick1's instructions.

It looks in almost new condition but it has more than one Business Hub Info labels - 3 of them.    Two labels show (different) Network names, Password keys and Admin password.   The third shows Wireless SSID, Wireless key and Admin password - this one also shows Serial number and MAC.   Should I use the one with the SSID or does it not matter which one I use?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Business Smart Hub with different label info

Fix

@jasu 

Factory reset the hub as per the instructions. With a wireless device open the available wireless networks settings and look for the SSID that's being transmitted. Match that to the appropriate label and just use that label for the passwords etc. Ignore the others.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jasu
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi Baldrick1,

Thank you - I'll give it a go.

If it doesn't work I guess I can just plug in the old PlusNet hub and off we'll go without any additional adjustments.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@jasu 

If that’s a question then yes, you can plug your Plusnet hub back in at any time and it will work. When you setup your BT hub there are no changes made to your Plusnet account settings, you are just inputting them to your BT hub.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'