cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband username reset to "setup". Won't let me change back to my username.

GemDO

Broadband username reset to "setup". Won't let me change back to my username.

My WiFi has been dropping in and out for two days. After several resets/power on off/checking lines etc. and lots of forum reading I've worked out that the broadband username has changed back to setup. I remember this being a problem when I first set the router up a few months ago.
I thought, brilliant, I can do that. But when I enter my broadband username (which I found in connection details in my plusnet account) and press connect, nothing happens. 🤬
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband username reset to "setup". Won't let me change back to my username.

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Broadband username reset to "setup". Won't let me change back to my username.

@GemDO - Your router was not registered correctly against your account which explains some of what you're seeing.

I have now rectified this, however you will need to factory reset the router at your side by inserting something into the pinhole at the rear of the device until the status light flashes green.

When the router comes back up, you shouldn't need to do anything to manually configure it. It should do this automatically within 5-10 mins.

Let me know if it doesn't.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

GemDO

Thanks for looking into it for me. That's all very strange as I spent quite a long time on the phone yo Plysnett getting it all sorted when I set the router up.

Anyway, in the meantime I did some more forum reading and found that I was putting in the wrong password. Once I used the password for the account, it worked fine.

If I have any more problems, I will do a factory reset.
Thanks. 😊
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It's worth the factory reset regardless to ensure you receive future software updates and don't experience downtime in the future if you do something like update/change your password.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

GemDO

OK. Will do. Thanks.