cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband account deleted by Plusnet's mistake, can't even use my LAN

allergy
Hooked

Broadband account deleted by Plusnet's mistake, can't even use my LAN

Hi, Plusnet's mistake obviously means I have no connection to the world... until it's corrected.

But Plusnet' Hub One is not connecting devices on my LAN to each other! No networked drives showing, wired PC to PC, mobile to PC.

Within the HO all settings correct, unchanged. On the devices tab all devices showing as connected.

Should I remove the HO til fibre restored?

Sorry composed on mobile!
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Broadband account deleted by Plusnet's mistake, can't even use my LAN

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
allergy
Hooked

I reset and reconfigured the HO, and rebooted all devices. Then checked all assigned and static ips.

Most, but not all are now working.
But oddly none of the Android 8 devices are able to see anything else on the network. Weird, but I'll survive until broadband restored...
NigeBoy
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Hi @allergy
Are the android 8 devices using 5 GHz WiFi and everything else using 2.4 GHz or Ethernet?
I'm just wondering if this is a variant of the 5 GHz problem a lot of us are experiencing.
If that is the case it may provide some clues to the technical team who are struggling to recreate our issue.
Hopefully your broadband will be restored soon.
allergy
Hooked

Thanks for the reply. Smiley Anoush setup a new account a minute ago and I'm back online! And my devices are all talking to each other!!

I'm aware of the HH5A / 5GHz problem, and they were on the 5GHz band. But so were many of the other devices in the house.

I had a limited fibre connection for a week and seperated the 2.4 and 5 bands on the HO before it went live. And haven't had any problems.

Weirdly when broadband became live the android 8 clients could see other computers on the network again! So, to me, it seems more likely something deep in android 8 was the issue.