Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge mode and unifi.

scotsman

Bridge mode and unifi.

Hello, 

Im wondering if anyone can help me! 

I have recently switched to plustnet from VM (moved house) and Im looking to use my Unifi set up with plusnet. I understand the plusnet hub doesnt support bridge mode, so I bought a TP link W9970, but I cant seem to get it to work in bridge mode (going through the instructions on the TP link website actually dont allow me to put in my PN username and password...) 

Id really appreciate any advice anyone has.

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Bridge mode and unifi.

but I cant seem to get it to work in bridge mode (going through the instructions on the TP link website actually dont allow me to put in my PN username and password...)

In bridge mode you don't enter your username and password into the w9970, you need to set your router to PPPoE and enter your username & password into that.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scotsman

Thank you so much! Its a wee bit different from the virgin media set up!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

No problem, shout up if you still have problems. I use a w9970 myself in bridge mode in front of a Draytek router and it works pretty well.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.