cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonding Plusnet connection with another Broadband provider advice.

dejavus

Bonding Plusnet connection with another Broadband provider advice.

Hi All, I signed up to Plusnet about a month ago and only attain 15MB max on an up to 76MB connection due to my distance from the exchange. I have about 3 4k TV distributed around the house and a lot of other media consumption devices. its a pain streaming 4k contents from Youtube and we are looking at 4k Netflix also. I also have a lot of Home videos recorded in 4k which I have uploaded to my cloud account fro easy access.

The Current plusnet connection is not cutting it and I want to go down the route of going Cable as an additional option purely because of the speed promised. 

I need advice on a dual wan router that will allow me to add the plusnet and cable service and use them together. I didn't want to go all cable because of the cable company's traffic restrictions at different times of the day and their FUP but would rather keep both.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Bonding Plusnet connection with another Broadband provider advice.

@dejavus you could look at the Draytek 2860. This will handle VDSL on one port and a cable modem on another. You can load balance between the two and do all sorts of clever stuff !

It isn't cheap, it is easy to accidently buy a version without WiFi and the setup isn't easy but it will do the job.

I am the satisfied customer....
dejavus

Mnay thanks for that. I have checked on amazon and they seem to have several of that model with some little diffrent AC/N appended to the model number, can you kindly link me to the one that will do the job?

Regards

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@dejavus

I can't really tell you which model meets your needs.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2860#1-overview and

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2860#7-product-codes

should let you know what you want to buy.

Assuming you want to have WiFi avoid the V2860-K.

If I were buying one I would go for the dual band WiFi , so the "DrayTek Vigor 2860N-Plus" or the "DrayTek Vigor 2860AC"  would probably be my choice.

I am the satisfied customer....