cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT hub versions ?

Ponds
Dabbler

BT hub versions ?

I'm thinking of replacing my Plusnet Hub One (FTTC) and I've seen posts about using a BT hub. Someone near me is selling a BT hub but they don't know what version it is. There must be something on the hub itself to say what version it is; could someone tell me how to find out what version the BT router is?
Which versions work on Plusnet?
Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
JoeyD
Dabbler

Re: BT hub versions ?

https://bigtechquestion.com/2018/04/13/broadband/which-bt-hub-do-i-have/

I'm currently using BT Smart Hub 6, as the PlusNet One Hub's WiFi couldn't reach where I need it to. But - I've found that this Hub has slightly more random WiFi drops than PlusNet One Hub, so it's a trade off.

Also, I believe that the PlusNet One Hub, is basically just the BT Home Hub 5 and BT Home Hub 4, but rebranded in PlusNet's colours and logo. So no point buying any of those as they are just the same. I'm not 100% sure on this though, and somebody more knowledgeable may be able to clarify.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@Ponds 

If you log into the router that will tell you.

It's only worth bothering with the two latest models, the Smarthub, sometimes called Smarthub 6 as it superceded the HomeHub 5 and Smarthub 2.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ponds
Dabbler

Thanks  for the information about Smarthub 6  

I haven't bought the router yet, so I can't log into it and the seller says she doesn't know what version it is

G3WYP
Rising Star

Hi Ponds. I have just done the swap from Plusnet to Bt Hub and on the back of the Bt Hub on the slide out section with the passwords etc it says BTHub6. So might be worth looking or asking seller to look for you.

Derek

JoeyD
Dabbler

The link that I posted in my earlier post above, shows you what version of hub it is, with photos. Smiley
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I invested in a BT Smarthub 6A from Ebay. This works happily with Plusnet FTTC once factory reset & Plusnet credentials added manually.