cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT homehub 6 with mesh

Nicebob

BT homehub 6 with mesh

Over the last couple of weeks and after reading various posts on the forum I decided to invest in a BT homehub 6 to replace my Plusnet one, this was quite easy to do following instructions found on the forums. Then bitten by the bug I realized that my life was not complete without a mesh setup for my home, so quickly followed a trio of TP link Deco M4's, only to read that the BT 6 could not be used as a modem only. But for anyone else who is considering this setup all was not lost, by turning off the WiFi on the BT 6 and switching the TP Decos to access point mode the system was up and working fine in 30 minutes, all done by myself who has very limited knowledge on this type of stuff.
So my point is for anyone thinking about going down the same route, yes it works and the information to do it can be easily found on this forum.
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: BT homehub 6 with mesh

@Nicebob  Welcome to the forum.

Any one thinking of going down this route should save the cost of the Smarthub and connect their mesh units to the Hub One, again they shouls switch off the hub wireless.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Nicebob

Re: BT homehub 6 with mesh

Thank you, baldrick1
Agreed, should work with either hub, but I upgraded to the BT 6 as my Plusnet hub was intermittently dropping out and the BT 6 reportedly sorted this out and was generally a superior product. And the fact that you can get new unused BT 6 hubs for £10 on eBay (which is what I paid) I thought it was £10 well spent. But yes the Plusnet hub one will work in the same way as I have described.
👍