Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smarthub

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

BT Smarthub

Is there any way of finding out which version of BT smarthub just by looking at it, i.e. whether it is the smarthub 1 or  2, residential or business? 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 147

Re: BT Smarthub

@maranello 

You can tell whether it's a Smarthub 1 or 2 by looking at it. The Smarthub 2 has circular moulding on the front, presumably to match the remote disks.

The only way to tell if it's a business version is from the part number and the box. The box is marked BT Business Smarthub on these.

Note that you cannot separate the wireless bands on a Smarthub 2.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 8

On a Business Smarthub 1, if you slide out the little card with the details on, the sticker underneath says what it is. My spare says Business Smarthub Type A. I don't have a domestic one to check, but presumably if it simply says Smarthub it will be a domestic one.

Highlighted
Pro

@wisty 

@Baldrick1 

Thanks to you both. The front doesn't have the circular moulding, just a button sized BT logo, so it must be a smarthub 1. The slide out plastic section on the back days BT Smarthub type A.

I can't really decide who to give the fix to as both your responses were helful, unless it's possible to award both posts as the fix.

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero

@maranello 

If you already have a Smarthub 6 then it will be obvious whether it is a Business version as the firmware is different. The biggest give away is the header to all the pages when you log in to the router:

Hub Header.png

The pull out tab does indeed identify these from the pull out password tab but only after you remove the tab and read the underneath label.

Pro

I bought it as a spare in case my TG582n expires, but haven't connected it to see if it works. It came without a box.

I hoping that if the time comes that I need to use it, the USB port will work for storage and printing.

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero

@maranello 

I'm not sure if it works for printing but be aware that if you want to use it for storage that the Smarthub 6 uses the no longer recommended due to security concerns SMB1 protocol. This is switched off by default in Windows 10 but can be enabled in the settings. I don't know about other operating systems.