Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smarthub

maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

BT Smarthub

Is there any way of finding out which version of BT smarthub just by looking at it, i.e. whether it is the smarthub 1 or  2, residential or business? 

My other car isn't a Ferrari
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: BT Smarthub

@maranello 

You can tell whether it's a Smarthub 1 or 2 by looking at it. The Smarthub 2 has circular moulding on the front, presumably to match the remote disks.

The only way to tell if it's a business version is from the part number and the box. The box is marked BT Business Smarthub on these.

Note that you cannot separate the wireless bands on a Smarthub 2.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 8

On a Business Smarthub 1, if you slide out the little card with the details on, the sticker underneath says what it is. My spare says Business Smarthub Type A. I don't have a domestic one to check, but presumably if it simply says Smarthub it will be a domestic one.

maranello
Pro

@wisty 

@Baldrick1 

Thanks to you both. The front doesn't have the circular moulding, just a button sized BT logo, so it must be a smarthub 1. The slide out plastic section on the back days BT Smarthub type A.

I can't really decide who to give the fix to as both your responses were helful, unless it's possible to award both posts as the fix.

Baldrick1

@maranello 

If you already have a Smarthub 6 then it will be obvious whether it is a Business version as the firmware is different. The biggest give away is the header to all the pages when you log in to the router:

Hub Header.png

The pull out tab does indeed identify these from the pull out password tab but only after you remove the tab and read the underneath label.

Moderator and Customer

maranello
Pro

I bought it as a spare in case my TG582n expires, but haven't connected it to see if it works. It came without a box.

I hoping that if the time comes that I need to use it, the USB port will work for storage and printing.

Baldrick1

@maranello 

I'm not sure if it works for printing but be aware that if you want to use it for storage that the Smarthub 6 uses the no longer recommended due to security concerns SMB1 protocol. This is switched off by default in Windows 10 but can be enabled in the settings. I don't know about other operating systems.

Moderator and Customer