cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smarthub

Revesby

BT Smarthub

I just placed an order to upgrade my existing Plusnet broadband to fibre, and today my new Plusnet hub arrived.  However, as I'm currently using a fairly new BT Smart hub (or home hub 6), which I believe is fttc compatible, I'm wondering if there's any reason I can't continue to use it?  It gives me great coverage in a large house with thick walls, so I'm reluctant to change for the sake of it. 

Am not sure if the change to fibre will just happen, or if I need to reset something - instructions given to me so far have been rather vague.  I'm still getting just 18Mb/s, so assume I'm not yet on fibre. Is there any way of telling? 

3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: BT Smarthub

No, there's no reason why you can't Smiley

It should just switch over once the connection is moved over to fibre

(the connection itself would drop, so a reboot of the router may be needed?)

At the moment, I'd guess to say it states BT Broadband on the second section down on this page. Once the switch takes place it would more than likely change to BT Infinity.

You should get an email or text once the work at the cabinet is complete, more than likely the same message you get when you first joined - your phone line is ready and your broadband is ready. Even if you don't get these messages, the router flashing purple (during the time the line is being switched) and then the blue light would be a visual reference.

(keep the hub one for a rainy day, but only a very very wet day)

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Revesby,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forum.  You can still you can still use the BT Hub 6 and there is a thread here, which another use has kindly created going through setting it up a Plusnet connection.  

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team