cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart hub 6 wireless issues

goman

BT Smart hub 6 wireless issues

Hi apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but having suffered very poor wireless in our house for 18 months I read some of the threads on the forum and decided to change my router from the Hub one to the BT HH6 two days ago (I had one from previous BT contract).

The difference was startling, with whole house coverage through multiple thick solid walls. I was made up.

I followed the instructions here,  changed my @plusdsl.net name and password and everything worked fine.

Last night around midnight I noticed the TV lost internet connection and I checked my phone and all Wifi had gone. Rebooted router and reconnected fine. Wired connection fine, but no wireless.

Logged into router this morning and noticed two things. 

1. Firmware update applied yesterday.

2. Home screen of hub says no wifi, but advanced settings screen says wifi active on 2.4 and 5Ghz channels.

Any suggestions please?

4 REPLIES 4
Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: BT Smart hub 6 wireless issues

If the firmware has updated, check to see if your plusnet login details are still present.
goman

Plusnet login details are correct.

I'm getting an internet connection via wired connections, it's just wireless that's gone since the firmware upgrade.

Thanks

goman

Just for completeness, I just went through the complete setup as described by baldrick1 again with full factory reset username and password. 

No improvement, still get wired connection no problem, but nothing from wireless even though advanced screen says it's active. Home screen says no WiFi.

I've tried splitting the frequencies and rejoining them but still no wireless.

Any suggestions gratefully received. 

Cheers

Bogbody
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I guess you have entered the router wifi password into your phone/lappy gubbins?
Pal of mine could not get onto "his" BT router because he was trying to log into a neighbours -- 🙂