Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub 6

FIXED
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

BT Smart Hub 6

Most of the magazine reviews seem to rate the BT Hub 6 fairly highly and the specifications certainly look good.

Looking on Amazon the reviews are fairly poor with a high number of 1 star comments, the main one being that it fails completely.

I purchased one on ebay with expected delivery next week.

So a bit late to ask this question but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has a Hub 6 how they are getting on with it and in particular the length of time they have had it.

Fortunately it was purchased at a very good price so not a disaster if it fails....no doubt in time I will be able to answer my own question.

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: BT Smart Hub 6

I've been using one for around a year now and have also fitted one for a relative. I have found them to be 100% reliable.

It might be worth looking at the review date for the one stars. When they first came out there were firmware issues and I suspect that this is the source of many of the early negative comments.

The setting instructions are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85... just follow them through methodically. One mistake people make is to plug the DSL cable in before being instructed to do so.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Baldrick1

Thanks for that.

I assume the large numbers for sale on ebay are due to people upgrading to more expensive models.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I guess so, also some will be upgrading to BT Smarthub 2s and others moving to different ISPs. If you think about it BT have an awful lot of customers so taking it in context there's not that many for sale.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Fix

As well as Baldrick1 instructions, I also did some here on # 41 . with some screen shots.

https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/BT-Home-Hub-6-Smart-Hub-on-PlusNet/m-p/1415464#M312705

as Baldrick 1 states, remember only to plug the DSL cable in after you have set your username@plusdsl.net with your password and click connect. 

for information if using a BT Smart Hub 2 . you are unable to split the 2.4 & 5GHz.