cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub 6 no connection

Pogopat

Re: BT Smart Hub 6 no connection

Sorry so so late in replying. No I never did get it sorted.
Thinking the other day I must have another go at it.
mrmitch85
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hey.

Not sure if you ever managed to get this working but I had the same problem. I was doing everything but it would not connected and the light remained orange.

The problem for me was the password I was putting in. Although I was able to log into the Plusnet member centre with that exact password, it would not allow me to connect on the router.

I went onto the member centre, logged in, and navigated to the 'Change password' section... It asks for your old password, and then to enter a new twice. I found that even though I knew I was entering the password I had JUST logged in with, it kept coming up with a message 'Sorry, that isn't your current password'.

What I did in the end, was log back out of the member centre and use the 'Forgotten password' facility to create a brand new password.... As soon as I did that I was able to instantly log into the BT Smart Hub.

I know people are probably going to think that I was able to log in to the member centre because my browser was auto-filling the correct password... But it wasn't. I typed it in manually and it let me in.

Worth a try anyway!
Pogopat

I gave up. Just couldn’t get it to work but didn’t try this. Still have the BT router.
To be honest my Plusnet one seems to have settled down recently ( touch wood).
Having it get used a lot over next couple of weeks of Xmas will test it but if it starts messing about I’ll try this. 👍