Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub 2

FIXED
kerz2201
Dabbler

BT Smart Hub 2

Can I use the Smart Hub 2 without any problems? I have fibre unlimited package. Many thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: BT Smart Hub 2

@kerz2201 

Yes providing that you follow the Smarthub 6 instructions pinned near the top of this board. Note that you cannot separate the bands on the Smarthub 2 which in my opinion puts them at a disadvantage over the older Smarhub 6 unless you have and need the remote disk.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

kerz2201
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. Until a few days ago I was using a HH6 and then the orange light appeared and wouldn't disappear. I had a PN Hub One brand new in the box and got that set up no problem. Should I split the frequencies on that for the time being and replace with another HH6 which are more readily available and cheaper as far as I can see?  Thank you again for your help.

Baldrick1

Fix

@kerz2201 

If you have no wireless problems the there's no real reason to split the bands. It's just that some devices do not work properly when they're synchronised.

When you say thet your Smarthub stopped working did you look to see why? There has been a few cases where the firmware has been updated by BT and for some reason it has triggered a factory reset. If this is the case then all that you need to do is unplug the DSL cable, re-enter your Plusnet username and password and reconnect.

Moderator and Customer

kerz2201
Dabbler

Thank you again. I shall try the HH6 again. I have 2 ethernet cables plugged in should I remove those too, enter username and password then reconnect all cables?  Thanks.

Baldrick1

@kerz2201 

There's no need to touch Ethernet cables. It's the DSL connection to the outside world that's key. 

If that doesn't work then do your own factory reset and start again from scratch.

Moderator and Customer

kerz2201
Dabbler

You were right,  looks like there was a firmware update and it had reset the username etc. Have now got it back up and running.  Thank you very much. The Hub One is back in its box Smiley