cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 6 Security Issue - Fails PCI DSS Scan?

cstyles98

Re: BT Home Hub 6 Security Issue - Fails PCI DSS Scan?

Thanks Steve

Interesting development for anyone using a BT Smart router which is still supported by BT, i.e using BT Broadband services.

Been talking to Security Metrics this morning and it's an easy fix following their comments below:

Yes, the CPE based vulnerability is detecting an OS fingerprint that is used within most BT Hubs.  Your version is fine, just as long as it is receiving continued support from BT.  If you can log into your router, you will want to locate the firmware version, which may be under the Advanced Settings/Technical Log.  Can you take a screenshot of this version and email it back to me as an attachment?

This would be sufficient evidence for a false positive dispute
SteveK
Hooked

Pretty well as we thought then. I don't think I'll be changing back, it took me ages to reset all the smart plugs 😄

Glad you've got it sorted.

Steve

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@cstyles98 wrote:

Thanks Steve

Interesting development for anyone using a BT Smart router which is still supported by BT, i.e using BT Broadband services.

So to be clear, BT still support these routers by keeping the firmware up to date, so they are fine to use on a Plusnet service. You do not need to have a BT account.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'