cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Error

nickoneill42

Authentication Error

Hello.

I've been encountering this problem with my service since I signed up with Plusnet.
Some days the the service will just disconnect from all my devices and this can happen throughout the day.
I've noticed on my phone that Authentication error is the message I keep receiving when trying to reconnect. It will eventually reconnect my device but will disconnect again at different points throughout the day. Is there any clear solution to solving this issue as it is becoming very frustrating.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Authentication Error

@nickoneill42 

Welcome to the forums.

I assume you are on about Wi-Fi connected devices?

You could login to your router and separate out the 2.4 and 5 Ghz Wi-Fi, that has been known to improve things. It could be there is a lot of other people in your area fighting over the limited number of channels available. The more wireless devices the more issues.

As an aside Wi-fi is the customers responsibility since Plusnet have no control over it. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @nickoneill42,

Thanks for contacting us about your Wi-Fi, check out the help and support page here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
aislingean

I have several laptops and desktops and my tv that connect to my home network without problem however our Samsung Galaxy s3 cellphone connects via wireless sometimes and then drops the connection sometimes it shows the "Authentication Error" message when you go into settings sometime "stored secured " at other times but it will only connect when held close to the router So I presume this is a signal strength issue that is only effecting the cellphone
My wife uses her cellphone for messaging her daughters and the dropped connection is causing strife
HELP!
I have very recently changed to Plusnet and did not expect to encounter connection problems
Last night the WPS led was flashing continuously but the WPS switch had not been activated 
I reset the router and it has not reactivated
The Router is the sagem 2704N

wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@aislingean 

That router, when is your contract due to renew, you might get a new router then. I thought everyone now got the Hub One.

Alternatively look at https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

It is about time PlusNet provided a better router anyway

Buttercup
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi @aislingean, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with connecting your mobile to the router. Unfortunately as it seems to only be affecting your mobile I would recommend contacting your telephone provider, as if your other devices are working normally I would not think that the issue is with your router.

I've attached our wireless guide here, it may be worth trying some of these options to see if that makes any difference also: https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Blogs/How-to-boost-your-wi-fi/ba-p/1450193.

Jess Moore
 Plusnet Help Team