cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archer VR600 - Full fibre connection

Tetleysuper

Archer VR600 - Full fibre connection

I thought I would share my experience and more importantly router settings as it differs quite a bit from the recommended settings in the guide for using your own router.

I was previously on unlimited fibre/DSL and had Openreach visit and install the ONT box. When they left, all three lights were on, showing the box had connected to the cabinet. I waited until midnight for an activation email. There seemed to be some confusion as I was advised to wait for this, but in fact there has never been any official activation. The second engineer to visit said it's live pretty much from when they connect up the box.

I had no internet connection despite following the guide and also another user on this forum who had the same router.

Eventually I found the following, which gave me a successful connection immediately.

You need to log in to the router admin on the pc, not the Tether app.

1. Follow Quick Setup. After Time Zone has been set, click Next and select Other and hit Next to continue.

2. Leave VLAN Tag unticked, PPPoE for the Internet Connection type and enter the username and password username@plusnetdsl.net  Hit Next to continue.

3. Personalise your WiFi credentials and click on Next until it reaches the Summary page.

Important: Go to Advanced tab and check the Operation Mode:

• Wireless router Modem - for FTTP (Full fibre)

The modem will automatically reboot if you change/update the Operation mode.

Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem to go online, then test the service. If this is no good then:

• Go to Advanced > Network > Internet

• Click the Edit button on the WAN connection you have set up.

• The Ethernet Configuration will display, scroll down and click on the drop-down arrow for Advanced.

• Update the MTU size to 1492 and click OK to apply.

1 REPLY 1
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Archer VR600 - Full fibre connection

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'