cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having their router forget their password?

iaptekar
Dabbler

Anyone having their router forget their password?

I am a recent joiner to plusnet. One of the first diffuclties I had was that  at least once a day the router disconnected, and refused to reconnect to plusnet. Every time I could go and re-enter my password and reconnect manually. There are no problems with the connection while connected. I was previously on sky and had no problems of this sort. Plusnet sent me a new router, but the problem remains. The logs continue to show an authentication error after a disconnect. Is it normal for the router to not be capable of reconnecting on its own? Does it not store the password? This I find unaccepatble and would rather go back and pay etra to sky for proper econnection management. 

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Anyone having their router forget their password?

Welcome to the forum.

It's not normal at all. It should reconnect without you having to re-enter your username or password.

A Plusnet staffer will no doubt be around tomorrow morning at the latest to look into this for you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. Unfortunately it looks like your account didn't activate automatically following completion of your broadband order which is likely the cause for the issues you're experiencing.

I've activated your account now, can you factory reset your router by pushing a paperclip into the reset pinhole at the back for 20 seconds please? Once you've carried this out the issue should be resolved.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
iaptekar
Dabbler

That's good to know. I have reset the router. Hopefully everything will work perfectly from now on Smiley Maybe you can let me know if it all looks ok at your end.

Thanks a lot

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers for getting back to us,

Everything looks good from this side now. Thumbs_Up

Feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Spud211

Hello, 

Sorry to hijack the thread but figuired it was better than starting a new one!  I am having exactly the same issue.  I tried to contact plusnet support this morning but they seemed confused about the problem and ultimately couldn't help me...

I will try another agent later if needed, but @Gandalf is there any chance you could take a look at my account also for me please?  I have the same problem as the OP and also I have noted that when I logon to my account, it says

"Your order is currently being processed.

See below for the next steps."

Even though I have been live with Plusnet for nearly 2 weeks Smiley

Many thanks if you are able to help!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Spud211 

I'm sorry to see your account didn't activate automatically following completion of your broadband order and that you're having experiencing problems with getting online as a result. I've just activated your account now, can you factory reset your router using the pinhole at the back letting me know how it goes?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Spud211

Many thanks, much appreciated.  I just received the email confirmed its activated and my account looks better now, so I expect this will be sorted Smiley  I will check when I get home and confirfm for you.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem and I'm sorry that this wasn't sorted when you got in touch with us earlier.

Keep me posted on how things go once you're home. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Spud211

Hi, 

All looking good thanks - reset and it automatically picked up the credentials and connected.  Many thanks Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Perfect, thanks for confirming. Thumbs_Up

Feel free to let me know if you need any further assistance with this or anything else.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet