cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Amazon Echo

Has anyone managed to get an Echo working with their Hub One? 

Seems there are issues with the HomeHub range and the fixes that Amazon say to use for that aren't working with the Hub One, probably due to different DNS etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202094190

Ta

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
12 REPLIES 12
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Amazon Echo

It seems that the Amazon fix says turn Smart Setup off. Not sure that it is possible on the Hub One ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak

Nope, don't have that option.

Grr. Looks like it will have to go back.
Customer / Moderator
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

or get a decent router...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dvorak - Are you able to assign the details with ARP using the Echo's MAC address? Or as noted by @MisterW get a 'proper' router. Wink

mcderd
Dabbler

Hi, I have an Echo and a Dot working on mine.

Did not do anything special to set them up.

30FTTC06
Pro
Fixes: 4

@dvorak You got ipv6 dissabled for link local etc?

I have trouble with some stuff even if it's only local Sad

dvorak

@mcderd - did you ever have the safe guard switched on? That's the only thing I can think of if it's working ok for you

@30FTTC06 - yeah all disabled as far as I can tell.
Customer / Moderator
mcderd
Dabbler

Yes I did have safeguard on at first, I turned it off when I could not use Reddit app, but that was not the cause of the Reddit problem, I believe that I added the Dot after turning the safeguard off.

Actually my usage is not being tracked at all now, could that be linked to safeguard? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

While we’re on this subject of this product, for those that own one how smart is it really?

I know you can ask it questions, but what if you were to ask it something like “What are my Amazon book recommendations for today?” Does it actually know and reply or simply shrug it’s electronic shoulders. Or what about saying to it “Play the latest episode of The Grand Tour on my Fire TV.” Can it do that?

I would like one for myself if it was more functional than I suspect it is, but as I have already said, the fact that it listens all the time, means I distrust it.

dvorak

Well I haven't got it working with the hub one, so there must be some compatibility issue somewhere (have done everything but a factory reset).

However it connects to the wifi fine on another WAP in the house so it's currently in different room to where I would ideally want it.

I'll have a play and get back to you on how useful it is Mook Smiley
Customer / Moderator
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dvorak - Yeah, I'd be really interested to see if it was as useful as implied. You could always buy the remote voice control for it, designed for the issue have. Only 19.99!

Hainsworth82

I struggled to get my Amazon Echo connected to the Hub One via the app on my phone but managed straight away using the my pc. I used the advanced option and I had to change the suggested ip address as 192.168.1.60 was in use by another device. I checked the ip addresses assigned by my router to other devices and settled for 192.168.1.112
All the other suggested changes for subnet etc were fine and Echo connected to the internet.