cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative hub one router recommendation?

jamieuk147
Hooked

Alternative hub one router recommendation?

Really fed up with router resetting every few months, I get nothing but complaints from the family.... Really want to try a different router

Any way.... Is the BT HomeHub 6 a worthwhile upgrade?, I only want to spend a max £80 and happy to buy used.

I also have a second hub one connected via ethernet in my loft which extends the WiFi signal - I followed a guide from here.... Would like to still use it if possible.

Any recommendations is appreciated
3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Alternative hub one router recommendation?

@jamieuk147 wrote:
Really fed up with router resetting every few months, I get nothing but complaints from the family.... Really want to try a different router

I bet a lot of us would be very happy if the family only complained every few months.

Whether changing you router would improve things depends on what's causing the drops. I use a Smarthub6 6 but have no idea whether it would solve your problem. I assume that the second Hub One is set up as a Wireless Access Point? Have  you separated the 2.4 and 5GHz bands on these, see https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/m-p/1351966#M840? If so have you tried both bands?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jamieuk147
Hooked

Smiley

Yes second router is setup like you mentioned... I have separated 2.4 and 5 all ready.

Any way bought a Smarthub6 6 for £27 delivered from ebay and will look to place it better than the hub one..

At £27 its worth a gamble... I don't mind the odd WiFi drops, it's the whole resetting nightmare I hate!!... Having to setup alexa devices again etc etc

Smiley
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

I hope that the Smarthub fixes your problem. I have no problem with mine. Setting up instructions are here https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/m-p/1587673#M85....

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'