Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Features on PlusNet Router

FIXED
andp256
Fixes: 1

Advanced Features on PlusNet Router

My local fibre cabinet should be going live within the next month and I will be upgrading my broadband service at the earliest opportunity. According to PlusNet support, I will need a new router and can be supplied with one of PlusNet's own. I require a router that will support advanced features, but have always been under the impression (rightly or wrongly) that ISP supplied routers tend to be more basic in their functionality. The main additional features I am looking for would be:-

1. Port forwarding rules.

2. Customised LAN configuration (router IP address, DHCP range etc).

Is the PlusNet router for me, or do I need to shop elsewhere?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Advanced Features on PlusNet Router

Here's the relevant configuration pages from the Hub One...

hubportforward.PNG

dhcp.PNG

jaread83
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 81

While on the subject of advanced features of the Hub One, I noticed that its possible to plug in a USB drive to it and have that data available to anyone on the network. Does anyone have an experience with this? Are there any limitations to the size of the drive that is connected? I have a 2TB WD USB hard drive that I'd like to hook up to it as I am constantly transferring files to my wifes laptop from the PC. Would be good to have the storage on the network and cut out the need to do this manually everytime.

I haven't tried it yet as my BB is not active till next week and not going to be hooking anything up until its all ready.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

The largest I've had connected was a 500GB drive in an Emprex ME1 enclosure.

andp256
Fixes: 1

Fix

Looks great. Many thanks!