Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a staic route on a Hub One

richardg8jvm
Dabbler

Adding a staic route on a Hub One

Hi

I've a another router on a different subnet on one of the ethernet ports of my Hub One

Any way of adding a static route for that subnet ?Huh

sorta

route add 192.168.51.0/24 192.168.1.1

The WAN interface on the second router is set to 192.168.1.1

routing is fine from the second router to the internet, but not from subnet 192.168.1.0/  to 192.168.51.0/

I haven't found any access to the routing table on the Hub One

I could frig it with port forwarding on both routers, but its a messy way of doing it

TIA

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Adding a staic route on a Hub One

I doubt it, the hub one is pretty locked down, for example you can’t change dns servers.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Too locked down I'm afraid.

eta: @dvorak beat me to it!

richardg8jvm
Dabbler

Thanks Guys

I was hoping someone had found the third layer of settings.

BTW I found this by accident

to reset the unit back when you completely lock it up, as I did  trying to set the subnet to 192.168.51.0/

Power the unit up while holding the reset button ( the one recessed you need a paper clip or similar for)

richardg8jvm
Dabbler

Probably get shot for going a bit off topic

After a lot of playing, I did manage to get the two problem devices with fixed ip addresses on to the same subnet as the hub 1.

So I configured the TP link TD-W8968  as a router with the WAN getting it address ,dhcp, from hub1 and with the LAN set as a DHCP relay.

Plugged the laptop in to one of the ethernet ports and was given an address in the same subnet as the hub1,  :).

But

although the wifi is set up on the TP link modem when connecting to it ,it immediately disconnects and goes back to the hub1 wifi.

Is this the hub1 dhcp server refusing to allocate an ip address via wifi on the second router.  as it can see the connecting device on its own wifi  ????

I'd like to put the second router on the far side of the house to give good wifi coverage in the garden, but if using it as a dhcp relay blocks the wifi , its a bit of a non starter

Also cant get into the second router control without resetting the second router back to normal mode.

As Sagem have a huge factory complex near Bordeaux , I wonder if it was designed there as well , French hardware designs can be a little strange.