cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS-RT AC68u compatible with DSL Plustnet router?

CalebJH

ASUS-RT AC68u compatible with DSL Plustnet router?

I’m new to this and don’t know if i’m doing this right...

I’ve just got my new PC and got an ASUS RT-AC68U wireless ac1900 dual band gigabit router to go with it so i can put it in a different room after connecting it to my DSL Plustnet Router then using an ethernet from the ASUS router to my PC... is this possible? i was meant to get the DSL version but made a mistake without noticing till it was too late.

I am completely stuck and want to avoid ringing in and these awkward times so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: ASUS-RT AC68u compatible with DSL Plustnet router?

@CalebJH  Welcome to the forum.

You can do this but you need to set up the Asus in Access Point mode. Either the manual or Google search will show you how. Set the Asus IP address in the range 192.168.1.1-63, for example 192.168.1.10.

Edit.

You need to connect the Asus to your router throgh an Ethernet cable.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: ASUS-RT AC68u compatible with DSL Plustnet router?

@CalebJH  Whatever else you do never even think of getting the Asus DSL-AC68U it has the worst possible modem chip and is almost certain to give you problems.

The RT AC68U is a very good router but to use it's features to full advantage it needs to connect to a VDSL2 modem such as the Huawei HG612 3B which I have used on my FTTC connection for years. These modems are available on auction sites but are no longer supplied by Openreach.