cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DSL-AC68U Settings

zephyr4
Hooked

ASUS DSL-AC68U Settings

I have just bought a second hand Asus dsl ac88u router which should arrive in the next few days it has been reset, Is there any links to help me with the setup.

Thanks Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U Settings

Basic connection details are Here for connecting to internet if you have fibre  😀

zephyr4
Hooked

Yes I do have fibre, I saw something about Asus Qis settings but I don't know to find it or use it.

Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

How to use Asus Qis instructions  Here 

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@zephyr4  Just a quick check, the title of the thread says DSL-AC68U but your opening post says DSL-AC88U is that a typo? Which model are you actually getting as they are very different. 

The ASUS  DSL-AC68U has a very bad reputation with possibly the worst VDSL2 modem chipset ever (manufactured by Mediatek). It does not work well with the BT Openreach line management system (DLM) leading to various problems such as high error rates giving lower speeds, connections dropping and your line ending up banded, that is capped at a low speed.☹️

Personally I would not even connect it to my line so it is entirely up to you if you decide to use it but I would be sending it back.

On the other hand the DSL-AC88U has the preferred Broadcom modem chipset and is an excellent modem/router.😊 

zephyr4
Hooked

Sorry about the mistake it is the ac88u I had the ac68 but it was an awful router slow speeds etc.

Thanks for the info Steve

zephyr4
Hooked

Installed the dsl ac88u with QIS at first I tried with firefox and it would not work then I tried IE and it connected first time.

Steve