Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS DSL-AC68U IPTV

FIXED
Heisenmerg
Fixes: 1

ASUS DSL-AC68U IPTV

Hi,

I recently upgraded to an ASUS DSL-AC68U and it works fine, generally, but I've just noticed that I can't watch any internet channels.  I've searched the forums and elsewhere, and can see that I need to enable IGMP snooping as per this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Asus-DSL-AC68U-Plusnet-Youview-Settings-for-IPTV-Paid-Servic..., however, that option is not available to me.  See attached.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: ASUS DSL-AC68U IPTV

What modem are you using behind the ASUS? I’ve just had a read of: https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Asus-RT-AC68U-and-Multicast/td-p/1393081/page/2 and in one case the modem didn’t support multi-casting.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Heisenmerg

Thanks for the reply.

I’m using the DSL-AC68U, so it’s a modem router. I’ve seen plenty of posts on this forum and others that shows this particular router set up to enable IGMP snooping (locates in the LAN > IPTV section of the router menu), but for some reason that option isn’t available to me.

I was hoping that someone here has resolved the same issue as I’m struggling to get through to ASUS.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for getting back to us,

I’m using the DSL-AC68U, so it’s a modem router.

Ah, yup I see that now. Sorry I was going off the responses on that thread on the BT forums.

I’ve seen plenty of posts on this forum and others that shows this particular router set up to enable IGMP snooping (locates in the LAN > IPTV section of the router menu), but for some reason that option isn’t available to me.

I was hoping that someone here has resolved the same issue as I’m struggling to get through to ASUS.

It's odd you're not seeing the options, I'm a little stumped to be honest and not sure what else I could suggest. Hopefully someone spots this thread with any other ideas that may be of help.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Heisenmerg

Fix
Problem solved. For some reason the setting was in administration > DSL settings, rather than IPTV.

Thanks for your assistance.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Heisenmerg,

Thank you for letting us know that you've now found the solution to this problem. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
prdomingos

Hi, I'm from Brazil, I have the same modem router of you DSL-AC68U and I'm trying to set up IPTV. 
I don't use VDSL, mine is ADLS2 and I'd like to know how to setup it. Thank you in advance.