cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL router keeps crashing. LED lights go crazy. Router needs restarted.

sliverplus

ADSL router keeps crashing. LED lights go crazy. Router needs restarted.

Hi,

Sorry if this is a double post, my first post about this has disappeared.

I am asking about plusnet ADSL with a Sagemcom router 2704N.

Recently my devices have not been able to connect to the router's wifi.

I have tried disabling and reenabling wifi on the devices. I have tried powering the devices off and then back on.

The devices won't connect to the router.

The LED lights on the router are flashing madly, one appears to go out completely.

I have tried using speedtest.net when the router is working and when the line is running at full speed the LED's flash in a slower and orderly way. When it's not working they are flashing crazily.

I have looked through 192.168.1.254 when the router is working and it looks okay.

I have tried to contact plusnet. the online chat says to phone plusnet support.

I have been trying to get in touch on behalf of my Mum who is the customer. Neither of us have been able to get through to plusnet.

I had sent an email to the press office and they have got a question opened for me.

I'm a bit confused with the plusnet support. I've been a customer before and they've been 5*.

Now I can't email support, can't get a ticket opened in the account area or speak to anyone.

My Mum is a vulnerable customer and needs this working reliably.

Does anyone have an idea if - this sounds like an intermittent fault with the router - is there any support availabe at plusnet - would they be able to help fix the router - would they be able to send a new router out - my Mum doesn't cope with lots of boxes - I could try a wifi access point connected to the router and turn off the router's wifi - but that's £40-£50 - and is the router faulty - a new router might be better but at £90 cheapest for TP-Link AC1600 Dual-Band Wi-Fi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router - it's not a cost we want to take on.

Wondered if anyone has any ideas or things to try to get the router working or get it replaced.

Thanks

Richard

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Duplicate post released from Spam Filter and subsequently removed.
2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: ADSL router keeps crashing. LED lights go crazy. Router needs restarted.

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: ADSL router keeps crashing. LED lights go crazy. Router needs restarted.

My best guess is a faulty router or router power supply.

The simplest thing would be to ask for a new router to be sent (this may require a contract renewal).

I would call the "retentions" department 0800 013 2632 and explain.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/ 

You may be able to get the price down as well (get a price comparison quote to mention) but I'm sure they will offer to send a replacement router (maybe charging £5 for postage)

The attraction of this as against any other approach is that the router will be associated with the account so will just work when plugged in (should be no configuration needed).

I am the satisfied customer....