ADSL HG612 3B and Netgear Orbi

FIXED
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

Re: ADSL HG612 3B and Netgear Orbi

Hi @temujin 

Further to @MisterW 

Before you connect the two devices together change the IP Address on the router as if the both share the same IP Address you'll have a duplicate IP Address on the network which will confuse stuff.

Also when setting up the DHCP pool make sure the default gateway address is that of the BT modem. Personally I was have used 192.168.1.254 for the router but it really is an individual choice.

HTH.

Dan..

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Also when setting up the DHCP pool make sure the default gateway address is that of the BT modem.

I don't think so! The BT modem is just that, a modem. The Asus is making the pppoe connection and must be the default gateway. The bt modem ip address is only there to allow connection to the gui

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

My duplicate IP Address point is valid is but yes I should have thought about who was making the PPPoE connection.

Silly me!

Dan

temujin
Dabbler

Thanks to all for your help, i followed seebee`s screenshots exactly and also reduced the DCHP pool to .200, gave HG612 IP address of .201 before connecting and we have "showtime". Connected ethernet cable from HG612 Lan2 to Asus router and can now access it`s web interface from my browser, so all good. 👍

Regards